COVID 19 – Volunteering
- This is a confidential service and the client’s privacy is paramount.
- All volunteers must practice social distancing and will not enter a client’s
- home unless absolutely necessary.
- All volunteers must adhere to HSE hygiene guidelines.
- This service does not offer credit, we will organise payment method with client at time of request.
- Please exercise discretion when finalising payment with client
Hygiene Guidelines for Volunteer Shoppers:
- Where possible confirm list of items needed over the phone first to minimise contact with recipient.
- Wash hands before carrying out shopping.
- Maintain social distancing throughout.
- Place all shopping into a disposable shopping bag.
- Disinfect hands upon leaving the store.
- On arrival at recipient’s home, ring door bell and stand back 2 metres.
- Do not enter home unless entirely necessary even if invited – explain that this is for their and your safety.
- Ask recipient to wipe all products with hot wet cloth and fairy liquid or disinfectant wipe and dispose of shopping bag in the bin.
- Remind the recipient to wash their hands afterwards and avoid touching their face until this is done.
- Volunteers should wash hands again upon returning home.
- Always follow HSE guidelines around hand washing, sneezing/coughing into your arm or a tissue and practicing social distancing.
- NB If you have any symptoms of illness at all, do not interact with any vulnerable members of your community.