Portlaoise Parish – Safeguarding Children
Portlaoise Parish in Association with the Dicoese of Kildare and Leighlin values and encourages the participation of children and young people in all aspects of parish and diocesan life and in activities that enhance their development.
As all involved in working with children and young people have a special duty of care towards them we have procedures and practices in place through which this is care is put into effect.
It is our policy in Portlaoise Parish to work in partnership with all State agencies charged ith the welfare of children and young people.
Please use any of the contacts below if you have a concern about the safety and/or protection of children or young people.
- HSE, duty social worker; Laois Area (office hours): (057) 869 2567/8
- Local Garda Station: (057) 862 1105
- Diocesan Contact number: 0858021633
- Kildare and Leighlin Safeguarding Information: https://www.kandle.ie/safeguarding/
- Kildare and Leighlin Child Safeguarding Statement: https://www.kandle.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Safeguarding-Policy-2018.pdf
Our diocesan safeguarding ‘policy and procedures’ document includes a set of forms for activities, recruitment/staff and reporting. All available for download.
Download Forms Here
All relevant safeguarding forms available by clicking on the link below: