Date of Church: 1800
Building Pastor: Fr.James O’Neill P.P
Ratheniska (Rath an Uisce), Fort/Rath of the water. The Rath referred to the once occupied portion of a farmer’s field near the church.
St. Aonghus, born c.750, studied at the monastery of Clonenagh. He came to live the life of a hermit in Dysart, overlooking Ratheniska. He erected a cell there known as Diesart-Aonghusa. At Tallaght he wrote his famous work: the ‘Feilire Aonghusa’.
Lord Castletown gave the site for the church. The church is a small building typical of the period. It has been refurbished several times. A modern sanctuary was provided in the 1980’s.
The church was redecorated for the celebration of its Bicentenary in June 2000.